What is Microsoft Word If you are from computer field then you must have heard about Microsoft Word. It is the most used word processors in offices around the world. It is also known as Ms word and Word, here we are going to know Ms. What is Word and what are its features and how you can learn Ms Word online –
Ms Word is a software created by Microsoft company known as the most popular word processor of Word which is used to open, Create, Edit, Formatting and Printing a document so that you can use Letter, Application in Ms Word. , You can prepare Resume as well as if you want, you can also prepare Flyers Certificate tourist in Ms Word, after taking some training, you can learn to run Ms Word.
History of Microsoft Word
In October 1983, Microsoft released Word 1.0, the first version of Microsoft Word for Operating Systems Ms Doc and Xenis based on the CUI (Character User Interface), It was developed by Charies Simonyi and Richard Brodie of these Charies Simonyi Brava Software Was the primary developer who was the world’s first GUI Word Processor and Charies Simonyi was working as a Primary Software Engineer on a Word Processor named Multi tool word.
In 1981, Microsoft hired both of these programmers and released a software called Multi tool word in 1983 for Ms Doc and Xenis. Later it was renamed to Microsoft Word. In 1983, for the first time PC Word was named Microsoft with Microsoft Word. Key Free Floppy Disk was given to let people know about Microsoft Word. The first version of Ms Word for Microsoft windows was released in 1989. This was the 3.0 version of Windows. Slowly It is the most popular for word processing worldwide. Software was created and started selling slowly. There was a lot of change for Word processing. There was no software in the market compared to Word. Today Microsoft Word is the first choice of people for word processing all over the world.
In 2000, when Y2K came across the world when Microsoft came to know about it, they made Microsoft Word 5.5 free for Dos.
Features of Word
- There are a lot of features in Microsoft Word that make it a Best Word Processor. Let’s know about some of those features.
- Layout of Ms Word is very simple here all the options are arranged in Icon and Menu so that no new user has any problem in running Ms Word.
- There are a lot of pre-made templates in MS Word from which you can create a professional document without learning Designing like Resume, Calendar, Party Invitation, Report, Letter Head, Invoice, Award Certificate, Fax Cover Sheet and Flyer etc. Huh
- In Ms Word 2019, you can save any file directly in PDF format as well as create a web page document.
- MS Word supports all programmers in Microsoft word suite
- The biggest feature of Microsoft Word is its Spell Check Option, there is an Inbuilt Dictionary in Ms Word. Whenever you type something wrong, Red Underline comes under that word. If you want to turn on Auto correct Option then Ms Word Will fix automatically
- Ms Word currently supports all types of Image Format such as JPG and GIF, currently Office 365 Pro Plus and Office 2019 SVG Vector Image Format can also be imported.
Word User Interface
When you open Ms Word for the first time then you see some kind of User Interface, let’s understand them
- Title Bar The title bar is the topmost part of Ms Word where the name of the document is Saw, till you save the file you will see Document 1 and when you save the file then you will get the file. Name will be visible
- The Menu Bar is the Menu Bar just below the Title Bar which has different Menu Opens according to the different groups. Currently the Menu Bar has been converted to Ribbon with different Tabs made in it. Home Tab, Insert Tab, Page Layout Tab, References Tab, Mailings Tab, Review Tab, View Tab are given which have all the tools of Word Processor.
- Ruler Bar In Ms Word, Vertical and Horizontal Ruler is given which shows the length and width of the page, it can also be hidden if you want.
- To move the scroll bar page up and down, this tool has been provided in Ms Word, which you can use with the help of Mouse or with the Arrow Key of the keyboard.
- Status Bar This is the lowest part of the screen in which all the information related to the document is displayed such as Page Number, Number of Lines, Number of Column.
- Writing Area (Writing Area) In Ms Word this area appears in white color where you can type anything, it is also called Page by default When you first create a new file it has a size letter.
- Mouse Pointer / Cursor Ms Word When you move the Mouse Pointer on the page, it becomes the shape of a large I (I) that is the Insertion Point at the beginning of the page, also known as the Cursor. Typing will be in place